I've got a new domain name and would like to swap it out with the one that SpamHero is filtering mail for. Is that possible?
Yes. Following is a complete outline of how to change your domain name.
- If you have a dedicated mail server and you have configured your mail server to only allow email to be delivered from SpamHero, switch your mail server to allow mail from anywhere again. (For example, if you have shut off port 25 delivery or restricted delivery only from SpamHero's IPs, these changes will need to be temporarily reverted.)
- Switch the MX records for the old domain and any domain aliases that you set up in SpamHero so that they are all pointing directly to your mail server. Wait 24 hours for these changes to propagate before proceeding to step 3.
- Remove all domain aliases and cancel the SpamHero subscription for the old domain. If you have already paid for services, the billing system will automatically issue a credit that can be applied to the new domain.
- Order and setup service for the new domain via the order form for existing customers (so that you do not need to set up a new account): https://www.spamhero.com/order-existing
- Optionally set up the old domain as a domain alias of the new domain (be sure to change the MX records to match the primary domain). Do the same for any other domain aliases you want pointing to the new domain.
- If you have a dedicated server and made any temporary changes in step 1, revert those changes now to only allow delivery from SpamHero servers.