Choose one of the two solutions that apply to your situation:
Situation 1: The account owner is willing and able to authorize the change
If the account owner is willing and able to make the change, the process is as follows:
- The account owner logs into SpamHero.com and navigates to Account > Account contacts.
- They then click on the Set as primary contact next to the user they wish to make the new primary contact.
In this situation, an individual that has the legal right to take over the account would do the following:
- Contact the administrator of your mail server and have them temporarily redirect email for the account owner to the individual that will be the new account owner.
- After email for the account owner has been redirected, click on the Forgot password? link on the following page to reset the password (using the current account owner's email address): https://www.spamhero.com/sign-in
- Once the password is reset, login to SpamHero.com using the old account owner's email address and go to Account > Account contacts and click on the Set as primary contact link next to the user that is to be made the new account owner.
- Optionally, the new primary user may wish to login and delete the old account owner from the Account > Account contacts page and instruct the administrator of your mail server to turn off the email redirection for the old account owner.
The above procedure is not to be taken as legal advice. Please consult a lawyer to ensure that the above actions do not violate your company policies or the privacy laws of your country.
If the account owner is unable to access the email account on their contract record and their email address is not on a domain you control, the account owner can authorize the change as follows:
- The account owner must email us a copy of a government issued photo ID along and scan and attach a letter that is signed by the account owner requesting a change to the email address their account contact record.
If the account owner is deceased or otherwise incapacitated, the following procedure applies:
- The person that wants to become the new account owner must email us a copy of a government issued photo ID along and scan and attach a letter requesting a change to the email address on the account owner's contact record and explain why the change should be legally allowed. Attach any applicable legal documents that support the claim.
- SpamHero staff will forward the request to all account contacts on record (including the account owner address) and confirm that the account ownership is not disputed.
- If all parties agree on the change (or no response is received after 2 weeks), SpamHero staff will make the change. If the parties are unable to agree, see "situation 4" below.
If account ownership is disputed, the following steps must be completed:
- Cancel the current subscription for the domain. See: How do I cancel filtering services for a domain?
- If you do not have access to cancel the subscription in the SpamHero control panel, then just change the MX records away from SpamHero so that email delivers directly to your mail server again. Wait until the current account owner either cancels the current subscription or until it expires.
- Set up a new SpamHero account by starting a new trial at SpamHero.com. All settings and emails from the old subscription will be lost.